Work for Powervault: Warranty / Training Engineer
Powervault – The company
Powervault is a new and rapidly expanding company who design and manufacture an IoT cleantech product, which helps UK home owners store and use electricity more efficiently. The Company is looking to hire an exceptional Warranty / Training Engineer to join our ever-expanding Technical Team to aid the development and deployment of functional improvements for our smart energy storage device. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are currently a team of 26 and operate from an office near London Bridge amongst a cluster of other rapidly-expanding start-ups.
Your knowledge of customer service, electrical systems, and troubleshooting will help you to make a significant contribution to the growth of Powervault. You will have a strong appetite for problem solving and a keen attention to detail, in the area of safety and documentation. On a daily basis you are able organise your work in an efficient manner. You are willing to drive to customer’s homes in transport provided by Powervault, in order to perform installations or troubleshoot known or unknown issues with existing units, and organise and provide training for 3rd party contractors.
You will also be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you’ll be an excellent team player and continuously communicative. You’ll receive flexible hours, but timeliness when the customer is involved is imperative, as is maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
The role includes a certain amount of heavy lifting so you will need to be physically fit.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical / electrical background with a minimum of 3 years experience in renewable energy, technical customer service or electronic equipment maintenance.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, and compliance to health and safety, and electrical rules and regulations
- Able to represent Powervault in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- From time to time undertake training for 3rd party contractors both at Powervault’s production facility and in the field. Provide support for our 3rd party contractors, working with the Installation Manager to identify technical updates and training requirements.
- Service and maintenance of Powervault Energy Storage units in customer’s homes
- Use the operational scheduling system in line with company policy
- Able to recognise unique issues and highlight them for the product operations and design team
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
Skills and knowledge
- The post holder will need to be technically competent and must hold appropriate trade qualifications as detailed below:
Required qualification level
|NVQ / SVQ / C&G Level 3 in Electro technical qualification or equivalent
C&G 2382 relevant to the current edition of BS7671
|C&G 2391, or C&G 2394 & C&G 2395, or equivalent
C&G 2377 or equivalent
Relevant qualifications in microgeneration / solar installation
- Is conversant with the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7671, associated guidance material as prescribed by the IET and competent person scheme providers, appropriate British Standards and other Industry Codes of Practice
- Is well versed in the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work required
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Safety systems
- Basic knowledge of current battery technologies
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics
- Knowledge of 3 phase power
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of internet connectivity devices and trouble shooting issues
- UK Driving license held for at least one year with no endorsements
- 25 days of holiday per annum
- Laptop or tablet
- Company provided vehicle
Engineering | Power Electronics | Software
Clean Energy | Renewable Technology
Project & Operations Manager
London with extensive travel across the U.K.