Work for Powervault: Technical Support Engineer
Powervault is a leading home energy storage company based in London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design and develop advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar ad low cost electricity from the grid. We also provide the software that allows our partners to remotely operate thousands of Powervault devices to provide services to the electricity markets and grid.
We are a start-up with an IoT cleantech product, looking for a Technical Support Engineer to support customers and partners for our fleet of smart energy storage devices. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
Our product is an award-winning energy storage solution, operating in a hotly tipped growth industry. We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure.
We are a growing team of 26 people working in London Bridge in a unique working environment in the largest cluster of sustainability-focussed start-ups in Europe. We are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company, and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
The Technical Support Engineer will report to the Sales and Operations Manager. They will provide support to the whole of the Powervault team to deliver impeccable customer service and support to installers as our business grows over the coming years.
The role is approximately 90% office-based, supporting our installers and customers with Powervault systems via the phone and email. We have a lot to do – there is a huge amount of opportunity to learn, use your initiative to help grow the business, and ‘get your hands dirty’ working on complex technical problems.
Key tasks include:
- Quickly gaining a strong understanding of the technical (software and hardware) aspects of installation, service, operation and maintenance of all Powervault units
- Answering phone calls and emails from installers, service engineers and customers with technical questions relating to Powervault by using our existing FAQs and work instructions, and continuing to improve these with updated relevant information
- Assisting field service engineers over the phone with technical queries during the product installation, and working with the Operations team to create new standard answers to technical issues
- Occasionally visiting Powervault devices at customer sites.
- Working with the software team to support the continuous improvement of our customer and installer portal to ensure it answers our customers and installers needs to reduce incoming calls through better functionality, robustness and self-help
- Being the expert in what our existing customers think of Powervault to feedback to the design and sales teams on how we can improve.
- Communicating with all relevant employees any field issues and follow ups of remedial actions
- Communicating any changes in the delivery or service date to the customer
Candidates will need to demonstrate previous practical experience in a similar role. Ongoing training will be offered to the right candidate.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical background
- A technical degree
- 2 years’ work experience
- A good understanding of electrical systems and electronics
- Strong customer service ethos and experience in dealing with domestic customers, possibly as a service engineer
- Experience with programming
- A problem solver who enjoys a challenge and never gives up until a problem is fixed
- Highly motivated and prepared to operate in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Process-driven and organised
- Adaptable, self-managing, multi-tasker and pro-active
- Full driving licence and able to drive a car/small van
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical.
Engineering / Technical Support / Customer Service
Engineering / Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Full-time / fixed term
Sales and Operations Manager
£23-30,000 per annum, based on experience, + share options
London Bridge, London, U.K.