Work for Powervault: Technical Support Engineer (Renewable Energy / Storage / IoT)
Powervault is a leading home energy storage company based in London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design and develop advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar and low-cost electricity from the grid.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology. We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure. We are a young company with a growing team, based in North London. We are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
The Powervault 3 is an advanced hardware and software platform with market-leading capabilities. It is comprised of a series of modular components that work together to deliver energy efficiency outcomes for our customers and the energy system at large. We are looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support to our customers, partners and team as we scale up our fleet of smart energy storage devices.
The Technical Support Engineer will become an expert in our product, gaining a deep understanding primarily of the software aspects of the Powervault 3, as well as the hardware elements; electrical and electronic. The role is office-based. The main focus will be on providing technical expertise and support to our customer service team and installers, troubleshooting in-field issues while not necessarily being customer-facing. The role will also work closely with the technical team to coordinate and manage production code versions and releases with new features.
There is a huge amount of opportunity to learn, use your initiative to help grow the business, and ‘get your hands dirty’ working on complex technical problems.
- Providing telephone support to installers, customers and the customer service team during installation, operation and maintenance
- Troubleshooting technical issues on devices installed in the field by logging in remotely, analysing data and computer processes and maintaining the software
- Implementing solutions and updates, and supporting the technical team in developing solutions
- Becoming an expert in the technical (software and hardware) aspects of the Powervault 3
- Provide support and version control to the technical team on software version releases
- Using, improving and creating documentation such as customer FAQs on how to use the product and work instructions for staff on how to troubleshoot or resolve issues.
- Working with customers and colleagues to support the continuous improvement of our customer and installer portals to ensure it meets their needs and provides a great experience
- Communicating with all relevant employees any field issues and follow ups of remedial actions
- Place of work is Powervault’s office/manufacturing site in Hendon, North London, with some working from home when appropriate for the business.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical background, with work experience on a similar subject desired
- A good understanding of electrical systems and electronics
- A problem solver who enjoys a challenge and never gives up until a problem is fixed
- Highly motivated and prepared to operate in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Process-driven and organised
- Adaptable, self-managing, multi-tasker and pro-active
- Experience with programming, in particular in a Linux, Python and/or UNIX environment on PC, Mac, Raspberry PI etc. Ansible, bash scripting and docker desired.
- A passion for environmental issues and/or energy systems will be seen as a bonus but not required
Please apply with a CV and cover letter via Powervault’s website:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year dependant on experience