Work for Powervault: Technical Director
The Technical Director will lead all technical activities at Powervault including the following:
- Lead Powervault’s technical development team to deliver the roadmap
- Take ownership of products and their development, and to deliver product upgrades/improvements to agreed timescales and budget.
- Manage the development team to develop high quality consumer products using standard design methodology
- Provide technical leadership to create products which meets customer needs, cost effectively
- Securing required technical resources, by recruiting staff and/or identifying sub-contractors
- Work with the management team and board to agree a technology roadmap
- Supporting roll-out and field issues
- Identifying and delivering cost down opportunities in conjunction with Operations Director
- Ensuring all technical compliance and regulatory documentation is complete
- Scanning the technology landscape and working with our product marketing function to make sure that we are meeting customer requirements in the most effective way.
- Managing external technical stakeholder relationships including research organisations / universities
- Confident and comfortable in demonstrating plans to existing and potential investors in clear language that addresses the key investor issues (risk, ROI, runway, burn, opportunity, market potential).
Candidates will need to demonstrate experience in a role with these functions. Additionally, knowledge of battery technology, consumer product development or the energy sector would be helpful but is not essential.
- Prior experience of designing consumer products manufactured in volumes of 10,000s
- Project Management and planning
- Ability to build, lead and continually improve performance of a technical team, experience developing technical staff including technical managers
- Experience leading teams delivering electronic product development, cloud/Internet services development and data science/modelling
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with third party CEMs
- Extensive full product lifecycle New Product Introduction experience
- Full understanding of relevant product development legislation
- People and Technical Leadership
The candidate will need to be:
- able to deliver to deadlines and budgets while working under typical start-up constraints
- highly motivated and prepared to operate in a dynamic early stage start-up environment
- adaptable and self managing, high achiever
- tenacious and driven
- proactive and organised
- able to see the big picture while executing detailed plans
The candidate will hold a BSc/BEng electronic engineering/physics degree/etc and have 5-10 years experience in a similar job and 20+ years experience in total.
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical. The candidate will be expected to appreciate and understand the principles, benefits and barriers to the deployment of distributed storage.
Leading all of Powervault’s technical development activity to deliver the company’s strategic goals
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Full time, permanent
£70k - £80k plus bonus plus options
London Bridge/London with extensive travel