Work for Powervault: Electrically Qualified Supervisor
Powervault – The company
Powervault is a new and rapidly expanding company who design and manufacture an IoT cleantech product, which helps UK home owners store and use electricity more efficiently. The Company is looking to hire an exceptional Electrically Qualified Supervisor to join our ever-expanding Technical Team to aid the development and deployment of functional improvements for our smart energy storage device. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are currently a team of 26 and operate from an office near London Bridge amongst a cluster of other rapidly-expanding start-ups.
Your knowledge of customer service, electrical systems, and troubleshooting will help you to make a significant contribution to the growth of Powervault. You will have a strong appetite for problem solving and a keen attention to detail, in the area of safety and documentation. On a daily basis you are able organise your work in an efficient manner. You are willing to drive to customer’s homes in transport provided by Powervault, in order to perform installations or troubleshoot known or unknown issues with existing units.
You will also be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you’ll be an excellent team player and continuously communicative. You’ll receive flexible hours, but timeliness when the customer is involved is imperative as is maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
The role includes a certain amount of heavy lifting so you will need to be physically fit.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical / electrical background, preferably a time served electrician with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar post as a Qualified Supervisor. It would be advantageous to have experience of renewable energy, technical customer service or electrical / electronic equipment maintenance.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, and compliance to health and safety, and electrical rules and regulations
- Able to represent Powervault in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Maintain the technical standard and quality of electrical work carried out by electrical operational staff and 3rd party contractors
- Ensure that results of inspection and testing are properly recorded on the appropriate prescribed forms of certification and reporting, review the results for acceptability; safeguard unused NICEIC Forms against loss, theft and unauthorised use
- Ensure the resultant certificates are recorded and stored on appropriate IT system and stored correctly with ease of access
- Carrying out inspections of works and all other aspects of electrical work associated with the Powervault unit
- Liaise with Competent Persons Scheme providers and the Principal Duty Holder
- Ensure adequate training is provided to electrical operatives and that appropriate test equipment is provided, tested and recorded
- Maintain and manage a calibration log for all test equipment
- Provide technical support to the Installation Manager on electrical installations and services to ensure properties are maintained in a cost-effective way
- Provide an effective response to Health and Safety issues, to ensure the safety of customers and operational staff in line with company procedures and other such legislation
- From time to time undertake full installations and complete the appropriate paperwork and certifications
- Use the operational scheduling system in line with company policy
- Able to recognise unique issues and highlight them for the product operations and design team
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
Skills and knowledge
- The post holder will need to be technically competent and must hold appropriate trade qualifications as detailed below:
Required qualification level
|NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or City & Guilds 2360 Part 1/ 2 (A/B) or C&G 2365 or C&G 2330 or C&G 2356 and AM2
C&G 2391 or G&G 2394 and C&G 2395
C&G 2382 current edition, or EAL equivalent.
|C&G 2396 or equivalentC&G 2372 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2919 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2377 or EAL equivalent
C&G 2393 or equivalent
IOSH, CIOB, CSCS (gold / Black), TMIET, ECS, SMSTS /SSSTS
- Is conversant with the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7671, associated guidance material as prescribed by the IET and competent person scheme providers, appropriate British Standards and other Industry Codes of Practice
- Is well versed in the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work required
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Fully conversant with safe systems of work, risk assessments and compliance with CDM regulations
- Has held the post of NICEIC (or equivalent) EQS for an Approved Contractor Scheme for at least 5 years
- Basic knowledge of current battery technologies
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics
- Knowledge of 3 phase power
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of internet connectivity devices and trouble shooting issues
- UK Driving license held for at least one year with no endorsements
Benefits / remuneration
- £40k to £45k per annum plus pension
- 25 days of holiday per annum
- Laptop or tablet
- Company provided vehicle
Engineering | Power Electronics | Software
Clean Energy | Renewable Technology
Project & Operations Manager
£40k to £45k per annum plus pension
London with extensive travel across the U.K.