Work for Powervault: Customer Technical Support Assistant
Powervault is a leading home energy storage company based in London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design and develop advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar and low cost electricity from the grid. We also provide the software that allows our partners to remotely operate thousands of Powervault devices to provide services to the electricity markets and grid.
We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are a growing team in a unique working environment in the largest cluster of sustainability-focussed start-ups in Europe. We are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company, and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
The Customer Technical Support Assistant will report to the Customer Experience Manager. They will be responsible for first-line support to our customers once they have had a Powervault installed, managing incoming enquiries via phone, email and ticketing system and providing excellent customer service.
With training on the job from technical colleagues they will quickly learn about our product, both hardware and software aspects, and will become as the technical expert within the customer service team. They will develop and grow their skills, becoming self-sufficient in resolving technical issues and closing tickets.
They will work closely with colleagues in operations to advise what is needed where a Powervault requires technical attention, and with colleagues in development to advise on customer feedback and requests to inform product design.
There is a huge opportunity to learn, use your initiative to help grow the business, and ‘get your hands dirty’ working on complex technical problems.
Key tasks include:
- Answering enquiries from customers relating to their Powervault via phone and email
- Managing incoming queries (technical and otherwise) to our ticketing system and being responsible for ensuring this is maintained, seeing tickets through from open to close
- Managing and updating the CRM with new information on our customers, and feeding information to the operations team where needed
- Quickly gaining a strong understanding of the technical (software and hardware) aspects of the product
- With training on the job you will quickly become self-sufficient in troubleshooting and resolving customer technical enquiries
- Supporting customers with our existing FAQs and instructions, and proactively improving these with updated relevant information
- Working with the software team to support the continuous improvement of our customer portal to ensure it is customer friendly and ‘answering questions before they are asked’
- Being the expert in what our existing customers think of Powervault to feedback to the design and sales teams on how we can improve.
- Communicating with all relevant employees any field issues and follow ups of remedial actions
Desired skills and experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience in a relevant role
- Strong technical background, experience with programming desired
- Highly organised, process-driven and a multi-tasker
- A fast learner, logical and eager to learn new skills
- A problem solver who enjoys a challenge and never gives up until a problem is fixed
- Self-sufficient, driven and pro-active – working effectively as part of a small, close-knit team
- A passion for technology and sustainable energy
- An understanding of electrical systems and electronics desired
Customer service / Technical support / CRM administration
Engineering / Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Customer Experience Manager
£20-23,000 per annum, based on experience, + share options
London Bridge, London, U.K.