Work for Powervault: Customer Support and Installations Manager
Customer Support and Installations Manager
Powervault – Hendon, Greater London
Powervault is a leading home energy storage manufacturer based in Hendon, North London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design, develop and manufacture advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar and low cost electricity from the grid. We also provide the software that allows our partners to remotely operate thousands of Powervault devices to provide services to the electricity markets and grid.
We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
Founded in 2012, we are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology. We are looking for a Customer Support and Installations Manager to help us scale up and roll out many hundreds of home energy storage products providing smart energy services to the electricity system.
You will be given responsibility in a close-knit company, with opportunities to direct your work and learn new skills as well as help deliver core business goals. You will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the customer experience with Powervault is good from point of sale to installation and use
- Building a strong relationship with Powervault installers through professional and efficient use of their capacity
- Being the frontline of communication between clients and Powervault, answering their enquiries by both phone and email.
- Managing incoming queries (technical and otherwise) to our ticketing system and being responsible for ensuring this is maintained, seeing tickets through from open to close
- Organising and scheduling site surveys, installations and service visits between customers, installers and the Powervault team
- Providing weekly reports on site survey, installation and service activity
- Obtaining the necessary permissions from the distribution network operators (DNO’s)
- Ensuring installers have completed and submitted the necessary documentation (NICEIC certificate and installation certificate)
- Managing and updating the CRM with new information on our customers, and feeding information to the operations team where needed
- With training on the job you will quickly become self-sufficient in troubleshooting and resolving customer’s more basic technical enquiries
- Supporting customers with our existing FAQs and instructions, and proactively improving these with updated relevant information
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Organised and methodical, good at scheduling and organising
- Great telephone and email communication skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and put remedial actions in place
- Experience working with customers and/or field engineers
- At least 3 years practical experience in a customer facing environment
- A degree is desirable but not essential
The candidate will need to be:
- Hard working and motivated to succeed
- Adaptable and self-managing, high achiever, tenacious and driven
- A team player, working closely with colleagues with different skillsets
- A fast learner able to understand complex problems in new subject matter quickly
- Happy to “get hands dirty”
- A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00-£34,000.00 per year depending on experience
Hendon, Greater London