Work for Powervault: Customer Service Engineer
Powervault – The company
We are a start-up with an IoT cleantech product, looking for a Customer Service Engineer to support customers and partners for our fleet of smart energy storage devices. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
Our product is an award-winning energy storage solution, operating in a hotly tipped growth industry. We have recently secured around £1.5 million of investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality and robustness of our product and infrastructure.
We are currently a team of 26 people working in London Bridge in a unique working environment in a cluster of other start-ups. We are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company, and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and subsequently globally.
The Customer Service Engineer will report to the Project and Operations Manager but support the whole of the Powervault team to deliver impeccable technical customer service as our business grows over the next year and beyond.
The role is approximately 95% office desk based, supporting our installers, trouble shooting and helping customers with their units via the phone and email.
Major tasks include:
- Quickly gaining a strong understanding of the technical aspects of installation, service, maintenance and operation of the Powervault units
- Answering phone calls and emails from customers and installers with technical questions relating to Powervault both by using our existing FAQs and work instructions and by helping the Product Operations team to create new standard answers to technical issues
- Supporting the sales team to answer technical questions (keeping an up to date FAQ list and training the team to deal with questions during the sales process)
- Occasionally visiting customer sites to troubleshoot Powervault issues for warranty claims both for the purposes of training and to become familiar with the product and maintenance and as an extra pair of hands for the field team during busy periods
- Continue to develop our customer facing technical communications with the marketing team e.g. Installation video / installation manual / technical specifications etc
- Supporting delivery and installation of major customer trials and monitoring progress
- Working with the software team to support the continuous improvement of our customer and installer portal to ensure it answers our customers and installers needs to reduce incoming calls through better functionality, robustness and self-help
- Suggesting design and logistics changes which make install cheaper / quicker / easier
- Being the expert in what our existing customers think of Powervault to feedback to the design and sales teams on how we can improve.
Engineering | Power Electronics | Software
Clean Energy | Renewable Technology
Project & Operations Manager
London Bridge + approximately 10% travel required within UK (might be more travel during busy periods)