Work for Powervault: Commercial Analyst
Powervault – the company
Powervault is a leading home energy storage company based in London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design and develop advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar ad low cost electricity from the grid. We also provide the software that allows our partners to remotely operate thousands of Powervault devices to provide services to the electricity markets and grid.
Our product is an award-winning energy storage solution, operating in a hotly tipped growth industry. We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are a growing team based in London Bridge in a unique working environment in the largest cluster of sustainability-focused start-ups in Europe. We are backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company, and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
The Commercial Analyst will report to the Business Development Manager and will provide outstanding commercial and business development support and analysis to the sales team. You will help deliver a range of vital projects across many areas of the business to support our rapid growth and evolution from a start-up to a mass-market company.
This will include:
- Working with the commercial and technical teams to help define compelling propositions and applications for battery storage within our existing utility, housing and local government partnerships
- Identifying new opportunities and channels to further Powervault’s sales
- Assist in delivering high priority trials and grants programs
- Supporting the product development team with supplier relationship development and commercial management
- Supporting the business development team with account management by delivering major projects for customers
- Other commercial and business process projects which arise
Knowledge of the electricity sector and policy is essential. Knowledge of battery technology and consumer product development is helpful but not essential
Qualities and experience:
- Extremely bright
- Great financial modelling and Excel skills
- Experience of contracting and negotiations with major partners / suppliers / customers
- Flexible, self-starter who is excited by the prospect of getting involved in many
different aspects of a growing start-up
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and ruthlessly prioritise
- Technology savvy some experience of tech sector is desirable
- Quick learner, flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills – including the ability to constructively challenge colleagues and suppliers as well as a focus on customer service with key customers and delivery partners
Powervault Commercial Projects, working closely with the business development team to identify new business opportunities and applications
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Business Development Manager
Depending on experience
25 Lavington Street