Work for Powervault: Buying Associate
Powervault is the leading UK-based home energy storage manufacturer. The Company’s mission is to make home energy storage as commonplace as a dishwasher; reducing energy bills whilst also interacting with the grid to make a decentralised, 100% clean energy system possible.
The lead product is an advanced, integrated battery and control system. The Powervault 3 stores surplus solar generation and low-cost electricity from the grid to use when the customer needs it. It is capable of interacting with and controlling other household appliances, forming the foundation of the smart home and increasing demand flexibility. Groups of Powervaults can be aggregated and controlled remotely to support the smart grid, helping maintain network frequency and reduce local peak constraints, as well as allow partners to buy and sell energy to trade in the wholesale market.
Powervault launched in 2014 and has developed multiple award-winning products, with an approved patent. The Company has secured over £1m of innovation grant support and prizes from BEIS, Innovate UK, Climate KIC, Nesta and the Prince’s Trust, and £5.5m in private equity predominantly from Crowdfunding (including the world’s fastest cleantech crowdfunding activity). Powervault is targeting a trade sale in the next 2-3 years realising a 10 X return for its investors. The energy storage market is now entering an exciting new phase with the rollout of smart meters and new business models and market opportunities.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology. We are looking for a Buying Associate to help us scale up and roll out many thousands of home energy storage products providing smart energy services to the electricity system. You will be given a high degree of responsibility in a close-knit company, with opportunities to direct your work and learn new skills as well as help deliver core business goals.
You will be responsible for:
• Sourcing, negotiating, monitoring and maintaining supply chain activity
• Monitoring technical specifications and drawings and supports any changes which are to be managed with suppliers
• Ensuring the purchasing sections of Odoo are correct and relevant
• Creating a detailed purchasing schedule based on strict deadlines
Candidates will need to demonstrate previous experience in a role either directly responsible for these functions or with practical experience in running and monitoring similar processes. Training will be made available for the right candidate.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The ability to develop the necessary purchasing policies in a small business
• Good understanding of purchasing policy and procedure requirements
• Highly analytical to meet required cost targets
• Organised and methodical
DESIRED AND ADVANTAGEOUS SKILLS
• An aptitude for detail and numbers
• 1-2 years practical experience as a buyer
The candidate will need to be;
• A fast learner able to understand complex problems in new subject matter quickly
• Hard working and motivated to succeed
• Adaptable and self-managing, high achiever, tenacious and driven
• A team player, working closely with colleagues with different skill sets
• Happy to “get hands dirty”
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical.
Engineering / Manufacturing
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
<£23,000 per annum, based on experience, + share options
London Bridge, London, U.K.