Work for Powervault: Business Development Associate
Powervault is a new and rapidly expanding company who designs and manufactures the UK’s first smart home battery, which helps homeowners store and use electricity more efficiently. The Company is looking to hire an exceptional Business Development Associate to join our ever-expanding team. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of clean tech and the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
The Company’s mission is to enable customers to use power when they actually need it, whilst also reducing peak grid electricity demand and carbon emissions. Our smart battery currently enables customers to store excess solar power generated during the day and use it during the evenings/overnight.
The energy storage market is now entering an exciting new phase – with large players like Tesla entering the US market. Powervault, the leading UK domestic energy storage company, is targeting a trade sale in the next 3-5 years realising a 10 X return for its investors. We are looking for a Business Development Associate based in London to join our team and help lead our sales and marketing activity.
- Generating leads and closing deals within existing sales channels; both B2C (to homeowners) and B2B (to installers / electricians)
- Arranging meetings with, and presenting to, key B2B customers
- Arranging and running installer product training days
- Answering inbound enquiries from the website
- Managing existing sales pipelines
- Managing social media and the development of other marketing channels
The ideal BDA will be passionate about the industry, eager to work in a start-up, and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything that comes their way.
- You are ambitious, resilient and results-driven
- You are commercially minded
- You are organised and proactive
- You are articulate, both verbally and on paper
- You are confident communicating with senior stakeholders
- You are comfortable presenting to a room full of people
- You can challenge the status quo and make your own ideas known
- You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and are capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- Recent Graduate from a top university (achieved 2:1 or above)
- Prior B2B / B2C sales experience (desirable but not essential)
- Passion for start-ups and the clean tech industry
- Confident on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Salary: £24k + £6k OTE
- Becoming part of rapidly expanding start-up operating in a really exciting sector
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Having the opportunity to grow with the business and take on greater responsibility in the future
Sales and Marketing
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Business Development Manager
£24k + £6k OTE depending on experience