Work for Powervault: Business Development Associate
Powervault is on a mission to help the UK reach a sustainable net-zero carbon future with our intelligent green energy storage. We help homeowners reduce their energy bills, cut their carbon footprint, and lower their electricity demands on the National Grid with our intelligent, energy storage product.
Powervault was the UK’s first domestic company to offer a battery storage system to homeowners who have photovoltaic (PV) solar panels to help them store excess solar energy generated during the day and use later; optimising their system and reducing their reliance on the National Grid.
We have developed a modular energy storage system that can be scaled up or down, to suit the unique needs of our customers, giving them flexibility to invest in a system that is appropriate for their needs and grow alongside them.
With electricity bills rising significantly and the ever-increasing desire of many homeowners to reduce their carbon footprint this is an exciting time for Powervault, we are seeing large increases in queries for our product.
Permanent Job | Office based with occasional travel| Full UK driving license desirable | Starting a.s.a.p.
Powervault is seeking a Business Development Associate (BDA) to join the team, taking responsibility for all our direct-to-consumer sales work and to assist on specific business-to-business channels.
You will be reporting directly to the Business Development Manager who is responsible for all sales channels and marketing.
The role will involve responding promptly via telephone calls or email to all our inbound consumer enquiries including those submitted through our website. The role holder will also manage our sales pipeline, develop and perfect our customer communications, and feed into development considerations to ensure we are driving toward ever more consumer friendly products.
In additional to this there will be a variety of additional work, including trade show visits, marketing development work and other ad hoc operational requirements.
The BDA should be committed, hard-working, confident, and be able to demonstrate a can-do attitude in an environment where we are all expected roll up our sleeves and stuck in. You will be learning on the job within a supportive management structure. We invest in our colleagues and want to see the role holder grow and assume more and more responsibility as they develop and learn.
- Generating and responding to leads and closing deals within existing sales channels; both B2C (to homeowners) and B2B (to installers / electricians)
- Arranging meetings and presenting to potential customers with support if/when needed
- Answering inbound enquiries from the website
- Managing existing sales pipelines
- Feeding into the development of marketing channels
The ideal BDA will be passionate about the clean tech industry, eager to work in a start-up, and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything that comes their way. They will be a good fit within the small team we have at Powervault and never be happy with just ‘going through the motions’.
- You are ambitious, resilient, and results-driven
- You are commercially astute, organized, and proactive
- You are articulate, both verbally and on paper
- You are a confident communicator – including when asking for help when needed
- You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and can demonstrate you’re capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- All candidates welcome but academic credentials in science or math’s at A-level or higher desirable given the nature of the product
- Prior B2B / B2C sales experience would be beneficial
- Confident on Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in the use of a CRM system or the Google suit of tools
- Becoming part of rapidly expanding start-up operating in a really exciting sector
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Having the opportunity to grow with the business and take on greater responsibility in the future
- Company pension and discretionary share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave
Business Development Manager
London - office based