Work for Powervault: Business to Business Account Manager
Powervault is on a mission to help the UK reach a sustainable net-zero carbon future with our intelligent green energy storage. We help business and home owners reduce their energy bills, cut their carbon footprint, and lower their electricity demands on the National Grid with our intelligent, energy storage product.
Powervault was the UK’s first domestic company to offer a battery storage system to homeowners who have photovoltaic (PV) solar panels to help them store excess solar energy generated during the day and use later; optimising their system and reducing their reliance on the National Grid.
We have developed a modular energy storage system that can be scaled up or down, to suit the unique needs of our customers, giving them flexibility to invest in a system that is appropriate for their needs and grow alongside them.
Powervault can also be deployed in commercial, agricultural and smaller industrial settings. Powervault also provides more granular energy consumption and generation data that can help inform load balancing which contributes to efficiency savings.
Permanent Job | Office based with travel| Full UK driving license desirable | Starting a.s.a.p.
Powervault is seeking an experienced B2B Account Manager whose primary responsibilities will be to manage and grow our Approved Installer Network whist increasing our recurring B2B revenues. The role holder will also be available to assist on specific business-to-business marketing drives as well as supporting our B2C channel when required.
You will be reporting directly to the Business Development Manager who is responsible for all sales channels and marketing.
The role will involve farming our existing Approved Installer Network to grow their sales activity and strengthen our relationships. This may include sales support for their projects as well as the development of specific though leadership to places us as their Energy Storage Experts and go-to supplier.
The role holder will be expected to proactively bring on new installers to further develop our national coverage as well as cultivate, with support, larger partnerships with National installers.
You will be supported with a marketing budget and being at the centre of our strategic growth drive.
The B2B Account Manager should be committed, hard-working, confident, and be able to demonstrate a can-do attitude in a collaborative environment. You will be learning on the job within a supportive management structure. We invest in our colleagues and want to see the role holder grow and assume more and more responsibility as they develop and learn.
- Key account management of the existing Approved Installers with the goal of increasing sales per installer
- Growing the network of Approved Installers strategically to achieve national coverage while minimizing regional competition
- Running training sessions (with support initially)
- Arranging meetings and presenting to potential customers with support if/when needed
- Answering inbound enquiries from the website
- Managing existing sales pipelines
- Feeding into the development of marketing channels
- Supporting the overall sales process where required including our direct to consumer work when necessary.
The ideal B2B Account Manager will be passionate about the clean tech industry, eager to work in a start-up, and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything that comes their way. They will be a good fit within the small team we have at Powervault and never be happy with just ‘going through the motions’.
- You are ambitious, resilient, and results-driven
- You are commercially astute, organized, and proactive
- You are articulate, both verbally and on paper
- You are a confident communicator – including when asking for help when needed
- You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and can demonstrate you’re capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- Demonstrable success in running B2B account management and sales processes
- Confident on Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in the use of a CRM system or the Google suit of tools
- Becoming part of rapidly expanding start-up operating in a really exciting sector
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Having the opportunity to grow with the business and take on greater responsibility in the future
- Company pension and discretionary share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave
Business Development Manager
London - office based - with travel