Work for Powervault: Analyst
Powervault – the company
Powervault is a leading home energy storage company based in London. We believe in a 100% clean energy system, and our mission is to make this possible by maximising home energy flexibility. We design and develop advanced home energy storage devices that help our customers reduce their bills and carbon emissions by maximising on-site use of solar ad low cost electricity from the grid. We also provide the software that allows our partners to remotely operate thousands of Powervault devices to provide services to the electricity markets and grid.
Our product is an award-winning energy storage solution, operating in a hotly tipped growth industry. We have recently secured investment and need to grow the team as we ramp up production and continue to develop the functionality of our product and infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are a growing team backed by an experienced team of investors and have excellent prospects to succeed as a company, and for our product to become a familiar fixture in homes in Britain and globally.
The Analyst will report to the Business Development Manager and will provide outstanding analytical support to the commercial and business development teams to help grow our business. We are looking for someone with a passion for data and excellent analytical skills. You will help deliver a range of vital projects critical to the growth of our business.
We are offering a 3-month placement initially, with the opportunity to progress to a permanent role subject to your performance.
- Analysing and drawing insights from large, high-resolution datasets from Powervault battery systems operating in our customers’ homes
- Helping us build our understanding of the value of our products for our customers and clients (solar storage, time-of-use tariffs, grid support services) and finding ways we can optimise this
- Building an evidence-base we can use to support sales and partnerships
- Battery modelling and working with the commercial and technical teams to help define compelling customer propositions and applications for battery storage
- Identifying new opportunities and channels to further Powervault’s sales
- Assist in delivering high priority innovation trials and grants projects
- Other commercial and analytical tasks as they arise from different parts of the business
Knowledge of the electricity sector, battery technology and consumer product development is helpful but not essential
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Extremely bright
- Data analysis skills and capable working with large datasets
- Programming skills (for example Python, SQL, or other)
- Financial modelling and Excel skills
- Rigourous attention to detail
- Flexible, self-starter and a quick learner who is excited by the prospect of getting involved in many different aspects of a growing start-up
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise
- Technology savvy
- Strong interpersonal skills
Data and commercial analysis to support Powervault's business development team
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
Full-time 3-month placement with opportunity to progress subject to performance
Business Development Manager
<£21k pro rata subject to experience
London (remote during Covid-19)