Work for Powervault: Commercial Analyst
Powervault is on a mission to help the UK reach a sustainable net-zero carbon future with our intelligent green energy storage. We help business and home owners reduce their energy bills, cut their carbon footprint, and lower their electricity demands on the National Grid with our intelligent, energy storage product.
Powervault was the UK’s first domestic company to offer a battery storage system to homeowners who have photovoltaic (PV) solar panels to help them store excess solar energy generated during the day and use later; optimising their system and reducing their reliance on the National Grid.
We have developed a modular energy storage system that can be scaled up or down, to suit the unique needs of our customers, giving them flexibility to invest in a system that is appropriate for their needs and grow alongside them.
Powervault can also be deployed in commercial, agricultural and smaller industrial settings. Powervault also provides more granular energy consumption and generation data that can help inform load balancing which contributes to efficiency savings.
The Analyst will be responsible for activities such as:
- Managing grant funded projects, being responsible for all analytical and reporting actions in the project and coordinating the projects to meet their goals
- Researching, analysing and evaluating domestic, SME and industrial and commercial energy storage, solar PV and technology supply chain markets to identify and quantify opportunities
- Keeping track of competitor, market and policy intelligence
- Support lobbying of Government by attending relevant trade association and other meetings to help to achieve Powervault’s lobbying goals
- Maintaining, developing and manipulating quantitative pricing, financial, and market models to provide estimates of customer benefit to support the sales team, and to establish opportunities to increase benefit through grid services contracts
- Develop an excellent understanding of electricity markets and develop relationships with electricity suppliers and other market stakeholders such as DNO’s and aggregators to develop the market for smart tariffs and grid services
- Writing customer materials including product specifications, web-site content, user manuals
- Providing sales support by identifying and maintain list of prospective customers, installers, resellers and other partners and by writing of sales proposals to help the sales team secure new business
- Supporting the operational team with planning and supply chain analytical tasks
- Managing and implementing PR and marketing campaigns through social and other media
- Managing website, twitter and linked in content and social media communications
- Preparing contracts for customer and supplier relationships
- Winning grant funding to support the business by identifying project opportunities, finding partners, writing grant bid proposals and securing grant contracts
Potential candidates will be expected to exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
- highly numerate with good analytical skills and commercial judgement with knowledge of excel / other numerical analysis tools
- good at writing concise and convincing business proposals
- experienced working in a start-up environment
- have strong commercial and interpersonal communication skills
The candidate will need to be:
- highly motivated self-starter, prepared to operate in a dynamic and ever changing environment in the transitional early growth stages of the venture
- adaptable and self managing, high achiever, tenacious and driven
- able to work under pressure while delivering to high standards
- a team player
- happy to “get hands dirty” while the company establishes itself
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical. The candidate will be expected to appreciate and understand the principles, benefits and barriers to the deployment of distributed storage.
Sales support, project management, market and supply chain analysis
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon / Energy Storage
competitive, dependent on experience