Work for Powervault: Systems Engineer
Powervault is a new and rapidly expanding company who design and manufacture an IoT cleantech product, which helps UK home owners store and use electricity more efficiently. The Company is looking to hire an exceptional Systems Engineer to join our ever-expanding Technical Team to aid the development and deployment of functional improvements for our smart energy storage device. This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology.
We are currently a team of 14 and operate from an office near London Bridge amongst a cluster of other rapidly-expanding start-ups.
You will be a highly motivated individual who feels comfortable working in a cross-functional team. We have a lot to do, so we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who is happy to chip-in wherever and whenever necessary.
Your knowledge of requirements management, systems integration, test and delivery will help you to make a significant contribution to the growth of Powervault. You will have a high appetite for problem solving and a keen attention to detail, particularly in the area of safety. On a daily basis you are able organise your work in an efficient manner. You are able to work in structures or processes that you have created yourself to aid timely delivery.
You will also be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you’ll be an excellent team player and continuously communicative. You’ll receive flexible hours and a flexible attitude to your working situation in general. You will be creative and will look for new, better ways to do things.
The ideal candidate will have a solid technical background with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to represent Powervault in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Responsible for defining the optimum electrical architecture for all product variants, including the definition of the processing and data bus requirement
- Definition of the electrical interface requirements between the internal equipment and the external world
- Specification and selection of electrical components including sensors, connectors and actuators
- Testing and evaluation of electrical components
- Validation of electrical systems
- Preparation of electrical circuit schematics and harness design
- BOM preparation and liaison with component and wiring harness suppliers
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with suppliers and 3rd
- Manage detail of engineering change
Skills & Knowledge
Educated to degree level or equivalent, with substantial experience of electrical and electronic engineering, including:
- Systems design
- Safety systems
- Digital and analogue electronics & microprocessor systems.
- Working knowledge of current battery technologies
- Basic understanding of Power Electronics
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques
- Understand different field bus networks and associated tools (e.g. CAN, Modbus, etc.)
- Knowledge of the European regulatory requirements, e.g. CE-marking, EMC regulations, etc.
Problem solving, requirements management, systems integration, test and delivery
IoT / Energy Tech / Cleantech / Low Carbon / Manufacturing
£40k - £55k, dependent on experience