Work for Powervault: Finance Manager
Powervault is a fast growing start-up, headquartered in London Bridge. Our aim is to be the UK’s leading domestic electricity storage provider. In 2014 we launched the first fully integrated solar energy storage system and now have the simplest and most affordable home energy storage product on the UK market.
Energy storage is an exciting and rapidly growing sector which the UK government has estimated will help to save the UK £8bn/year by 2030, enabling us to move towards 100% renewable energy.
The company aims to help home-owners lower their electricity bills, increase their energy security and reduce their carbon footprint. Its an exciting time at Powervault, having recently raised £1.4m from our 3rd successful crowd funding round and this role will play a key part on supporting our rapid expansion plans.
The Finance Manager position will report to the MD and be supported by our part time CFO. The role will support the whole business by delivering high quality accounting services as well as cash flow planning and analysis using our business forecast.
Day to day accounting would be the primary responsibility of this role, with support from our Office Manager, who currently issues POs and sales invoices.
Beyond the day to day responsibilities there would be the possibility of getting involved in other finance related projects within the business such as our efforts to finance Powervault and our fund raising efforts with investors,
The role would include:
- Running the finance function day to day including all aspects of sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and bank account management
- Ensuring all returns are made on time (VAT for instance)
- Stock/WIP control within a busy outsourced manufacturing environment
- Grant applications and grant claims
- Managing outsourced payroll function
- Interacting with our banking partner
- Administration of pensions including auto-enrolment
- Supporting the rest of the management team with ad hoc queries
- Working with the CFO and management team on business forecasting for effective cash flow management
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to tight deadlines
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and qualifications:
- chartered accountant or CIMA qualified
- Strong Excel skills. (These may be tested at interview)
- Very hands on – able to do everything from posting to Sage day to day to analysing the commercial effect of contracts
- Good knowledge of Sage 50 including projects, WIP and stock
- Ability to manage a small office IT system is desirable
- Highly numerate with good analytical skills
- Good judgment and ability to draw and offer clear commercial conclusions from financial analysis carried out
- Understanding of and desire to work in a start-up environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and deliver to high standards
- Equally happy to work both individually, as the team expert with limited senior input and also as part of a team
£35-50k DOE (part time is also possibility for this role)