Work for Powervault: Business Development Director
Powervault is the UK’s first company to offer a self-install electricity storage system to households with solar panels. The Company’s mission is to enable customers to use power when they actually need it, whilst also reducing peak grid electricity demand and carbon emissions. The lead product is an integrated battery and control system developed from our prototype design which enables customers to store excess power generated during the day and use it during the evenings/overnight.
Powervault has developed its first generation product, filed patent applications and secured over £280,000 of grant support and prizes from the Innovate UK/Technology Strategy Board, Climate KIC, Nesta and the Prince’s Trust. In September 2014 Powervault launched its product and secured £150,000 in Crowdfunding in under eight hours in the world’s fastest cleantech crowdfunding activity. In April 2015 Powervault secured a further £750k crowdfunding round in just four days, to fund the business for 12-15 months.
The energy storage market is now entering an exciting new phase – with large players like Tesla entering the US market. Powervault, the leading UK domestic energy storage company, is targeting a trade sale in the next 3-5 years realising a 10 X return for its investors. We are looking for a Business Development Director based in London to join our team and help lead our sales and marketing activity.
The Business Development Director will be accountable for delivering the Powervault sales plan and heading up all sales and marketing activity. The successful candidate will be responsible for activities such as:
- Delivering sales through 3rd party relationships, for example solar installer resellers by effectively marketing to installers, developing and managing relationships and incentivising them
- Refining and developing the sales and marketing strategy
- Developing the proposition and product marketing and steering product development
- Identifying new reseller, channel or other partnership opportunities to further Powervault’s sales through energy suppliers, distributors, housing associations or other routes
- Establishing a marketing plan to generate inbound interest from resellers
- Managing general PR to raise our profile as the UK’s leading energy storage company
- Dealing with direct enquiries through the website
Candidates will need to demonstrate experience in a role with these functions. Knowledge of battery technology, consumer product development and the energy sector is helpful but not essential.
All Powervault sales and marketing activity
Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
c.£75K+30% bonus (Dependent on Experience)
London Bridge/London with extensive travel