Work for Powervault: Business Development Associate
Powervault is the UK’s first company to offer an electricity storage system to homeowners with PV panels to help them store and use their excess solar energy more efficiently. With the introduction of smart meters and time-of-use tariffs in the next 12-18 months, electricity storage will become a compelling proposition for all households, growing Powervault’s addressable UK market from <1 million households to >20 million. The Company’s mission is to help homeowners cut their energy bills by storing zero or low cost electricity for use at times of peak demand, whilst also reducing peak grid electricity demand and carbon emissions. Government reports suggest home electricity storage can contribute to saving UK Plc £8 – £10 billion per annum off the cost of generating and distributing electricity. Powervault’s lead product is an intelligent, cloud-connected, integrated battery and control system in an attractive home appliance-style package, and is the most cost-effective home electricity storage product on the market. Since formation in 2013, Powervault has raised investment via crowdfunding, business angel and institutions totaling £2.3 million.
The electricity storage market is now entering an exciting new phase; high profile players like Tesla validate the opportunity. Powervault, the leading home electricity storage company in the UK, is aiming to grow rapidly towards a trade sale in the next 3-5 years to deliver a significant capital return to its investors and employee option-holders.
Permanent Job | Office based w/ significant travel| Full UK driving license | Starting a.s.a.p.
Powervault is seeking an exceptionally talented Business Development Associate (BDA) to join their team and take responsibility for all B2C sales and specific B2B channels. The role will involve working alongside the Business Development Manager and Business Development Director to generate leads, manage pipelines and close deals. However, as with any small business, the variety of work will be immense and the BDA should also be confident and comfortable helping with marketing and operations.
- Generating leads and closing deals within existing sales channels; both B2C (to homeowners) and B2B (to installers / electricians)
- Arranging meetings with, and presenting to, key B2B customers
- Arranging and running installer product training days
- Answering inbound enquiries from the website
- Managing existing sales pipelines
- Managing social media and the development of offline marketing channels
The ideal BDA will be passionate about the industry, eager to work in a start-up, and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything that comes their way.
- You are ambitious, resilient and results-driven
- You are commercially minded
- You are organized and proactive
- You are articulate, both verbally and on paper
- You are confident communicating with senior stakeholders
- You are comfortable presenting to a room full of people
- You can challenge the status quo and make your own ideas known
- You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and are capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- Recent Graduate from a top university (achieved 2:1 or above)
- Prior B2B / B2C sales experience
- Passion for start-ups and the clean tech industry
- Confident on Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
Salary: £22k + £8k OTE
- Becoming part of rapidly expanding start-up operating in a really exciting sector
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Having the opportunity to grow with the business and take on greater responsibility in the future
Sales and marketing activity in the Distributor & Installer channel
Energy / Cleantech / Low Carbon / Manufacturing
Business Development Manager
£22k + £8k OTE